This group is for the discussion of opioids whether that is a discussion about harm reduction, stories or just somewhere to come to seek some help or answers.

Subutex (Buprenorphine)

2 replies, 2 voices Last updated by  menzi 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

menzi
    Participant
    @maddragon12323

Has anyone ever had any experience with coming off of an opiate addiction with the help of subutex?
    Also does anyone have any thoughts on how useful it is?

• This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  menzi.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  menzi.

Heimrikr
    Participant
    @Heimrikr

I used the brand Suboxone Sublingual films and the tablets for detoxing from oxycodone. You’ll be depressed and they take a long time to dissolve. The films aren’t as convenient as they advertise. Theyre also EXTREMELY expensive. I didn’t really notice a difference between the tablet generic and brand films except price and the tablets take even longer to dissolve under the tongue. They Both taste fairly nasty. I would push for mild benzo to help you sleep the first week or so. You’ll need it. Suboxone doesn’t do anything for pain for me. All it does is make withdrawal tolerable. Allows you to be somewhat functional. Although the deep depression and shock of instant sobriety is crippling itself.

Also don’t try use any opioids on Suboxone. You’ll just be wasting it and your money. Most Buprenorphine formulations have Naloxone in them. And with Buprenorphine being a partial receptor agonist it will override any opioid from binding to your receptors. So you won’t feel anything and you aren’t doing your recovery any favors either.

Take care and good luck

menzi
    Participant
    @maddragon12323

Hey thank’s for the reply I hope someone will find it useful, i’ve been on buprenorphine dissolvable tablets for just over a year now and i’m sure i’d be dead if it wasn’t for buprenorphine (subutex) but it’s recently started to dull my mood just fyi for anyone reading this post.

stay safe

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.