aaa Forums Drug Education Stimulants cigarettes

8 replies, 8 voices Last updated by  Heimrikr 3 months ago
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

just silver
    Participant
    @just silver

why was i able to quit downers easily but not nicotine

CG Kid
    Keymaster
    @Philip

Nicotine I can’t quit. It’s bad bro.

staroula
    Participant
    @staroula

It cant be as difficult as quitting drugs.
    I can’t give up sugar
    It has probably to do with the feeling that it’s not as dangerous as drugs

FunkWizard
    Participant
    @FunkWizard

The brain is hard-wired to crave nicotine once you start using it. With how fast it’s eliminated from the system, how well it synergizes with other highly addictive drugs, and the rituals around ingesting it, it’s frankly a wonder that more people aren’t addicted to it.

I picked up my nicotine habit primarily due to my sleeping medication. Nicotine ramps up the elimination of benzodiazepines. When I wake up, the first thing I do every morning is take my stack of gabapentin, amphetamine, caffeine, and some long drags of that sweet, sobering nicotine. Gets me clear-headed and as back to baseline as I can be with my regiment. Too bad it’s been destroying my wallet as of late.

There are drugs that can block nicotine’s methods of action, effectively forcing you to stop using and craving nicotine, but they can have intolerable side effects for some individuals. If you’re going to quit without a substance to use as a crutch, you have to replicate and then slowly eliminate every part of your addiction. That goes from smoking/chewing/snorting/vaping/boofing (if you boof it you deserve some kind of recognition) to things like your routine (i.e. going outside for a smoke break, always having that next cigarette between your fingers). It’s doable. But it’s hard.

Dl3
    Participant
    @Dl3

@funkwizard With how fast it’s eliminated from the system, how well it synergizes with other highly addictive drugs, and the rituals around ingesting it, it’s frankly a wonder that more people aren’t addicted to it.

Biggest advise– stay off the stimulants if you wants to stop smoking.

Adderall, Ritalin, Vyvanse… Simulants. They make me smoke a FUCK TON. EVERY SINGLE TIME. If I don’t take stimulants, I don’t smoke. I certainly drink less. Even if I drink whilst off stimulants, I don’t go near cigarettes. They go so well hand-in-hand-
    I sometimes wonder if cigarette companies manufacture speed

• This reply was modified 11 months, 4 weeks ago by  Dl3. Reason: wanted to elaborate a bit more

CG Kid
    Keymaster
    @Philip

Ya it’s weird how hooked in you get to smoking on stimulants. Like “where did my quarter ounce go?”

Octain
    Participant
    @Octain

Cigarette free for more than 10 months. I smoked for 1.5 to 2 packs a day for 37 years.
    If I can quit.. well, you know..
    Now, if I could just stop smoking weed.

DPS
    Participant
    @DPS

Man, what is the ancient Chinese secret for quitting nicotine? 🤔

Heimrikr
    Participant
    @Heimrikr

You would think stims like D-Amphetamine would actually HELP assist in quitting nicotine. Considering that stims like Methamphetamine and D-Amphetamine specifically induces Dopaminergic release and reuptake inhibition. You would think on stims, your brain is literally drowning in Dopamine, and thus I would assume would control or even eliminate nicotine cravings…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.